Kelso Restoration can't prevent graffiti from appearing on your structure or in your neighborhood; however, we do have the solution to remove it and are ready to respond immediately. Through our fleet of trucks, we offer a non-toxic, water-soluble, biodegradable and MTO approved graffiti cleaning system that is easy on the environment and highly effective — giving cities, property managers and building owners a powerful tool in the fight against graffiti.
Graffiti sends the signal that nobody cares, attracting other forms of crime and street delinquency to the neighborhood and decreasing a resident’s feeling of safety. Communities with graffiti see a decrease in property values and a loss of business growth and tourism. Cleaning up graffiti drains tax dollars and funds that could be used for other community improvements, such as parks, roads, and schools. The most effective way to prevent graffiti is to report it and remove it promptly. Studies show that removal within 24 to 48 hours results in a nearly zero rate of reoccurrence. Graffiti affects everyone and all areas. You can do something about graffiti: Report it, remove it, prevent it.
Soda blasting provides a non-damaging, cost-efficient alternative to conventional methods of removing graffiti, which can be difficult and costly. Because it is a non-abrasive media, soda blasting can be used to safely remove graffiti on brick, sandstone, marble, glass and other surfaces without pitting the surface. The addition of a wet blasting nozzle provides a nearly dust-free method of cleaning. You can also read more about soda blasting in this link on our FAQ page: What is soda blasting and why would you do it?
Kelso Restoration can remove any exterior coating or paint with our non-marking, environmentally friendly, paint, coatings and graffiti solution. Our media will not damage the substrate. Dust is contained either using a wet tip nozzle or by sweeping up the media when the job is complete. Our media is environmentally friendly and will not damage surrounding substrates.
Don’t destroy your stone, brick or glass, call Kelso Restoration today! With offices in Milton and Ottawa, we are happy to service not only the Greater Toronto area as well as eastern Ontario, but also the entire of Ontario and beyond.
- FACT: Graffiti is costly. It is estimated that $1 – $3 per taxpayer per year is spent by communities, public transit departments, residents, and businesses to remove graffiti or repair the damage it causes.
- FACT: Graffiti prevention efforts work. The most effective way to prevent graffiti is to remove it promptly. Studies show that removal within 24-48 hours results in a nearly zero rate of occurrence.
- FACT: Graffiti is not a “victimless” crime. Everyone – children, parents, business owners, and taxpayers – is hurt by it. When left untouched, graffiti sends the wrong message – that we cannot keep order in our community. This negatively affects property values by as much as 15% and often leads to more serious crimes.
- FACT: Graffiti hurts business. Many people associate graffiti with the general decline of an area, even if it is not true. Merchants often lose business because customers feel the neighborhood or shopping area is no longer safe.
- FACT: Graffiti is not just a harmless teenage phase. While most graffiti is done by youths whose ages range from pre-teens to early 20s, graffiti vandals are at an increased risk of becoming involved in shoplifting or other criminal activity, drugs, and being injured while “tagging” dangerous locations. They can also be assaulted if they mark over someone else’s “tag.”
- FACT: Graffiti is frequently gang-related. While all graffiti may not be caused by gang members, gangs often use graffiti as a form of communication or to threaten other gangs by “marking their territory.”
We also provide restoration services for (or see Industries We Serve):